Monday, November 7, 2011

July 2011


July 2011

Hey family, I am doing great, the MTC is freaking hard. After I'm done writing this I have to go right a 3 minute talk es espanol. The MTC is alright though, I'm in the minority here since I am in a tri-companionship since one elder didn't show up. My companions names are Elder Cram and Elder Reber. The food isn't to bad, its all you can eat too. I've seen a few guys I know here. As for the Spanish, I think were in something called the pilot program, I'm not entirely sure what that means. (Darren was in it for Portuguese) I think part of it is that our instructor says almost everything in espanol, so sometimes its hard to understand what he's saying.  For being in here for 3 days I already know a little Spanish, but conjugating verbs will be the death of me. When I talk to people they can't always understand if I'm talking in the past or present or future. Also i need 3-4 more short sleeve shirts ASAP cause its so dang hot in long sleeves. I only have 4 short sleeves and since companions always have to match when it comes to shirts they are not gonna be happy if they have to wear long sleeves. Also send me my regular shoes. Tell everybody hi for me and that I love them. Yo se que dios es nuestros padre celestial, y el evengelio es verdado, y Jose Smith resorado la iglesia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias, en el nombre de jesucristo, amen.
 
Love
Elder Allison
 


Dear family, and whoever else reads this
 
I'm doing ok, the MTC is pretty hard though. So when i first got here i was part of a tri-compainionship since one elder didn't show up. But they put me back in a regular companionship the other day so my only companion is Elder Cram. He's from Nashville Tennessee and went to BYU last year. Elder Reber who was also my companion until a couple days ago is from Saint George Utah.   He played division 1 baseball over at the University of Kentucky last year. He is now pared up with Elder Weaver. Elder Weaver was born and partially raised in Australia, he moved to Utah when he was like 10 or something. He and Elder Reber are our roommates. If I get them developed today I'm gonna send some pictures home, otherwise I'm just gonna send the SD card home, but don't erase the pictures on it, just copy them off and send it back to me. Except copy the video off and then delete it of the SD card. It's the video of me opening my mission call. 
 
We pretty much have 6 hours of class with a teacher everyday, and the other times we spend using computer asisted learning programs forSpanish or personal study time. The one thing that I find anoying is that there is no rest on Sunday, if you have any free time they have you sit in our class room and study. There is almost never anytime to catch up on rest here.
 
I've seen Miles Wheeler and Mitchel Boberg so far, they are both in the same building as me for class. A buddy of mine from the singles ward is gonna be here next week.
 
My regular p-day is Thursday, they just let us do it on Saturday last week since it was our first week. If you can in the future send all your emails or letters on dear elder before Thursday that way I have a hard copy and don't have to spend my email time reading them since we only get 30 minutes a week and a clock is ticking.
 
The spanish is coming ok, still kinda hard though.
 
I love you all
Elder Allison
 
 

Hey,

The MTC is going well, Spanish is coming along mas o menos.  My companion is pretty helpful. Today is p-day so we went to the temple this morning.  We decided to try the cafeteria in the temple and the food there is outstanding compared to the MTC cafeteria. Being in the class room for 8-9 hours a day gets a little hard. there isn't much to say about since every week its the same routine until we leave, it gets a little boring. On Sunday nights they have an MTC fireside and on Tuesday night they have a MTC devotional. this last Tuesday they had Gerald N Lund who was a former member of the Seventy speak, I think he was the one who wrote The Work and the Glory books.Let me know how your trip was to Utah. On Saturday afternoon I was in class, again. I'm so jealous that dad gets to go to BC this year.

I talked to one of the teachers for the other districts who went to Santiago East, and he said it was amazing. We have also been told by several people that the northeast side of Santiago which is in our mission is the wealthiest area in all of South America, so its pretty much the richest area south of the U.S. border since Central America isn't that wealthy. Also our mission is supposedly the smallest proselyting mission in the church. I don't know if that's true but its definitely got to be in the top 3 smallest. 

Also I sent a couple letters home, I don't know if they got there yet, I said in one of them how I ran into a cousin of Grandpa Grants and Aunt Connie. 

Anyways I love you all and miss you.

Love
Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment